For the third match in a row. No. 15 Long Beach State and No. 16 Hawai’i were evenly matched with a 3-2 outcome. On Saturday, the Beach prevailed 3-2 at the Ching Complex, the winning point coming at No. 1
Mari Molina-Tyler Spriggs hung on to defeat Pani Napoleon-Jaime Santer, 21-19, 17-21, 15-10. It was the first time Napoleon-Santer were at the top flight, having played the previous five matches at No. 2, and it was their first loss in six matches together.
Hawai’i (6-5) won at Flights 3 and 5, Beach (11-8) at 2 and 4.
The BeachBows had defeated Beach 3-2 on Thursday at Ching. Last Saturday in San Luis Obispo, Calif., Long Beach State won 3-2.
The Beach made no changes from Thursday’s dual. Hawai’i flipped its Nos. 1 and 2, with Amber Igiede- Brooke Van Sickle moving down to No. 2.
The teams finish their series at 3 p.m. today.
Dual I Beach wins 3-2
No. 15 Long Beach State (11-8) at No. 16 Hawai’i (6-5)
Last minute switch has Igiede-Van Sickle down to 2, Napoleon-Santer up to 1
- Mari Molina-Tyler Spriggs (LB) def. Pani Napoleon-Jaime Santer (UH), 21-19, 17-21, 15-10
2. Katie Kennedy-Nicci Reinking (LB) def. Amber Igiede-Brooke Van Sickle, 21-17, 21-12
3. Harlee Kekauoha-Kylin Loker (UH) def. Makenzie Griffin-Kenzie Holtz, 21-17, 21-15
4. Skyler Germann-Alice Pratesi (LB) def, Kaylee Glagau-Ilihia Huddleston (UH), 21-6, 21-13.
5. Anna Maidment-Sofia Russo (UH) def. Emily Mattoon-Jillian Rodriguez, 32-30, 21-17