For the fourth time in as many meetings, the beach volleyball dual between No. 15 Long Beach State and No. 16 Hawai’i finished with a 3-2 score.
For the second time in three days, it was the BeachBows prevailing. Hawai’i rebounded from a 3-2 loss earlier Saturday to top Beach in Saturday’s second dual at the Ching Complex, 3-2.
The BeachBows (7-5) clinched the dual at No. 2 when Amber Igiede-Brooke Van Sickle swept Katie Kennedy-Nicci Reinking, 21-18, 21-17. Igiede-Van Sickle had lost earlier in the day to Kennedy-Reinking, 21-17, 21-12.
Hawai’i also won at Flights 3 and 4.
Teams played each other four times in eight days and finished 2-2. Beach (11-9( won last Saturday in San Luis Obispo, Calif., and earlier Saturday. The BeachBows won their home opener Thursday and Saturday’s nightcap.
Hawai’i finishes out it abbreviated home season next week at Ching with No. 5 Cal Poly. The BeachBows host the Mustangs in duals Friday, April 9, and Saturday, April 10, with a pairs tournament Sunday, April 11.
Dual 2 Hawai’i 3, Beach 2
- Mari Molina-Tyler Spriggs (LB) def. Pani Napoleon-Jaime Santer (UH), 21-19, 21-17
- Amber Igiede-Brooke Van Sickle (UH) def. Katie Kennedy-Nicci Reinking,, 21-18, 21-17
- Harlee Kekauoha-Kylin Loker (UH) def. Makenzie Griffin-Kenzie Holtz, 21-15, 21-15
- Kaylee Glagau-Ilihia Huddleston (UH) def. Skyler Germann-Alice Pratesi, 21-12, 13-21, 15-13
- Emily Mattoon-Jillian Rodriguez (LB) def Anna Maidment-Sofia Russo (UH), 21-16. 20-22, 15-13
Dual 1 Beach 3, BeachBows 2
- Mari Molina-Tyler Spriggs (LB) def. Pani Napoleon-Jaime Santer (UH), 21-19, 17-21, 15-10
2. Katie Kennedy-Nicci Reinking (LB) def. Amber Igiede-Brooke Van Sickle, 21-17, 21-12
3. Harlee Kekauoha-Kylin Loker (UH) def. Makenzie Griffin-Kenzie Holtz, 21-17, 21-15
4. Skyler Germann-Alice Pratesi (LB) def, Kaylee Glagau-Ilihia Huddleston (UH), 21-6, 21-13.
5. Anna Maidment-Sofia Russo (UH) def. Emily Mattoon-Jillian Rodriguez, 32-30, 21-17