Wahine dual-sport athlete Brooke Van Sickle was one of 13 players named to the U.S. Volleyball Collegiate Beach National Team training block on Friday.
Van Sickle just finished her junior season for the BeachBows, earning first-team All-Big West honors. She and partner Amber Igiede won 12 of their last 13 matches to finish 16-7 on the year.
Two other former UH players also were named to the team in Amy Ozee and Julia Scoles. Ozee (Seabury Hall) finished her career at Cal Poly as a graduate student. Scoles was a graduate student at USC and helped the Women of Troy win the NCAA title last month.
The training block will be at Huntington Beach, Calif., from June 21-25, with competition June 26.
Complete roster with player, school and region represented
- Alaina Chacon (Florida State, Great Lakes)
- Lexy Denaburg (UCLA, Florida)
- Charlie Ekstrom (Stanford, Southern California)
- Taryn Kloth (Louisiana State, Great Plains)
- Megan Kraft (USC, Southern California)
- Kristen Nuss (Louisiana State, Bayou)
- Amy Ozee (Cal Poly, Aloha)
- Megan Rice (Loyola Marymount (Calif,), Sothern California)
- Julia Scoles (USC, Carolina)
- Savvy Simo (UCLA, Southern California)
- Brooke Van Sickle (Hawaii, Columbia Empire)
- Torrey Van Winden (Florida State, Northern California)
- Abby Van Winkle (UCLA, Southern California)